Give it a smile

The smile is reflecting ma personality towards the life. To me, it is an innocent feedback and a reflection of peacefulness and soul relaxation from inside to outside. It is playing a big role on our daily life, and it could bring the moode up at any event, any place and any time… we really in need of it cus the life became a day after a day full with routines and bad news. Some ppl are making money out of bringing smiles to others, others do it for free, and of course I love the others, lol.

الثلاثاء، أكتوبر 04، 2005

Its Ramadhan..


When I was about 10-15 ys, and I remember Ramadhan , then really I got to feel how I was well connected to it .

During that time, I used to go with ma little brothers and sisters to collect fallen dates from a jungle of palm trees, if I recall that it was in summer. It was Ramadhan and summer, it was in mid June where the heat at its maximum. I still can remember how much we were competing each other to collect these dates in big plastic pockets or some thick paper ‘cartoons’ and carried on our heads for 3 kms back to home.

When I say it was jungle of palm tree, I mean it , cus u can expect anything from snakes, scorpions and attacking dogs, and something we called ‘ bu rawal ‘that sloth which if it catch u , u could say bye to ur life.

But it was exciting for us to be together, and in trying to make the time pass and trying to make the place and the scene looked as not terrifying as it was, we been singing all time, I remember taking piece of the plam tree branch and simulate it as an Oud or guitar and start playing some rhythm and others boys and girls sang behind.

When we back home with dates, we combined all amount and placed it on the roof of the house in order to get the sun drying it and after awhile we had to packed in bags of rice’s making what called ‘grabs’. The fallen dates used later for animal’s food.

Coming back home at that time, we came as much hungry, tired and full of mud and dirt. On top of that we have to fast !! oh my God. I remember we have to take showers and then we take our bed sheets and put them in water to make them cold and wet, and have little sleep prior ‘iftaar ‘ the fast break’

It was tough days but when I re-think about them , I know that I have learned a lot from that experience , I learn patience, working in tough environment, team work, planning , and I learned how beautiful the reward when u get it after tough effort.

How much reward had been given, it was 0.5 rial on the first day of Eid !

Ramadhan kareem

2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 م, Blogger Arabian Princess said…

    Mashallah, Nice memories :)

    Ramdhan always have special memories in heart, I remmber it being in the heat of summer .. it was such a hard time to fast and its coming back again :p

     
  • At 12:42 م, Anonymous غير معرف said…

    I don't remember Ramadan has ever been in summer, i mean the weather was always different and nice during Ramadan, except this year :P

    anyway, happy Ramadan :)

     

إرسال تعليق

<< Home